Monday, February 5, 2018

Dirty Dishes & Grace




     Today I am thankful for sky-high piles of dirty dishes. I'm thankful for overflowing laundry bins and unfinished projects. I'm oh-so thankful that life is never boring. I don't always know what's going to be next and let's face it: no matter how hard I try my life will never be polished and perfect. There are days when everything in me wants to crumble; when I am literally falling apart. At times, my mind is a war zone, my emotions are an endless spin cycle, and anxiety is my best friend. I become addicted to worrying, I snap at my husband, there's crumbs all over the floor, I'm running late again, I can't find socks that match, the casserole burned, I let toxic lies takeover, I don't like how my thighs look, I compare myself to others, my patience is paper thin, I overthink the conversation I just had, I feel overwhelmed, not capable, and completely drained. And that's just the beginning. But if it weren't for dirty dishes and ugly anxiety, I wouldn't realize my complete and total need for God. I want desperately to drink deeply of his grace. I desperately want to be a woman that yearns to be in His presence; a woman who doesn't assess her worth based on performance or even service, but draws her strength and peace from God's eternal well that never runs dry. His grace runs deep; it covers my deepest failures and dark spaces in my heart. I want to be a woman marked by my pursuit of Jesus and His reckless pursuit of me, never looking back to count what I've lost.


     Most of the time I can't fathom how wide and how deep God's grace is. I am not marked by my anxiety or fear. I am not defined by the lies I tell myself. His grace covers my guilt and shame- all of the hideous things I've done and said. I'm thankful for the dirty dishes  because they are a reminder of His faithfulness. They remind me of His grace, because His grace shines through especially in the messy and cluttered moments. His grace is a sweet reminder when I feel insufficient and exhausted. His grace is there as I navigate new seasons, learn how to be a wife and a friend. God shows me grace as I grow more in Him and part with my old ways and let go of the addictions and sweet lies I so desperately try to cling to.

Ponder on this today: It is never too late. You are never too far gone. God's grace and love extends to you. He wants to transform your heart.

~Out of His fullness we have all received grace upon grace~ John 1:16






26 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love this blog post! God's Grace is the reason I keep pushing on. Being a parent, special needs mama, mental health warrior, and fiancee I can totally relate to this. Great job and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading! God's grace will continue to carry you <3 He is equipping you and strengthening you for all that you do!

      Delete
  2. This is such a beautiful post. We all struggle from time to time and it is easy to feel overwhelmed. That is where God's Grace can truly help us see the light when we are at our most vulnerable time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, exactly! In our wounds is where His light shines through the most! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts :)

      Delete
  3. I love this. One of the verses that really speaks to me goes well with this post: 2 Corinthians 12:9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and sharing this verse with me! So true :) So encouraging that God's power is "made perfect in weakness" <3

      Delete
  4. This was such a great post! Perfect reminder to see the light and remember to be grateful, we are alive folks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelbie,

      Thank you so much for reading! I am so glad that this was a sweet reminder to you. Keep striving to see the light in all that you do!
      Hannah

      Delete
  5. I needed to read this today. I am struggling with having a six week old (and three other young children) and being overwhelmed with the state of my house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you were able to read and be encouraged today! What an amazing and strong mom you are- regardless of the state of your house, God will show you grace in that and continue to strengthen you. <3

      Delete
  6. Bless you sweet sister! You are in a busy season now. The Lord is walking through this season with you. In your weakness He is made strong! Blessings ... ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna,
      Thank you for speaking that over this season that I am in! You are a strong woman of God. I so appreciate your feedback on my posts. Be blessed and strong in all you set your hands to <3
      Hannah

      Delete
  7. We all have our daily struggles. Thankfully God loves us anyways. We can find grace in his presence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara,
      SO true! Finding His grace in the midst of the struggles is so sweet- and realizing that we are so undeserving of that grace makes it all the more sweet. Thanks for reading!
      Hannah

      Delete
  8. "His grace shines through especially in the messy and cluttered moments." This is a beautiful quote and carries so much truth in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandi,
      I'm so glad that quote spoke to you! It was all the Holy Spirit speaking through me :) Thanks for reading and sharing your heart with me!
      Hannah

      Delete
  9. This is such a wonderful and positive outlook on what is most of the time a stressful and crazy life. And He has everything to do with it! We have an Almighty God with grace that never ends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brittany,
      Thats so right- His grace never ends. I love that reminder. If it weren't for the stressful and crazy, we wouldn't need to depend on Him. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me!
      Hannah

      Delete
  10. I love this. I truly believe gods grace is the driving force in each and every aspect of our lives. Trust in god!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! He is right in the middle of all that we do. Thank you so much for reading :)
      Hannah

      Delete
  11. I am thankful for dirty dishes, laundry, etc. it means I’m healthy enough to do all of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie,
      What an awesome way to look at it! Those responsibilities are a sign of a healthy and abundant life!
      Hannah

      Delete
  12. Love this post, and the scripture that you shared. I love that God does not expect us to be as perfect as we think we should be. He loves us, grows us, and guides us in His will. So thankful He walks beside me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the reminder! I have so much to do and so little time- grace is a good message in this season!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a beautiful reminder. No matter how hard things get, He is there for us! Love this!



    myfootprintsaroundtheglobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great. Love this! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me!