Sunday, November 5, 2017

Hope



In the midst of chaos, confusion, and disaster I don't have the words to say. My heart is silently overwhelmed, aching and jumbled. I want to have this dazzling outpour of something...anything..anything to make sense of what is happening, but instead I remain silent. In those moments I have to say: "Lord, I cannot. But you can." And there are a lot of moments when I cannot. 

God is the only refuge in the depths of turmoil. Alone, we cannot say anything that will make it better. I can't say anything that will provide hope. I can't say anything that will provide answers, because there aren't any. 

But God. 

But God steps in and He is the only one to bring peace and reconciliation to our jumbled, tired, and confused hearts. He is the only one who can comfort the brokenhearted, the scared, and the confused. He alone can restore and replenish all of His children who are righteously angry and hurting deep in their bones. He can refill them with His truth and living water. He can bring unity and light into the dark and twisted crevices that appear so far gone and out of reach. Innocent, lovely people have died. People that had a purpose and a story and families and life in their veins--and we don't understand--righteously, we don't understand why this keeps happening. We cannot comprehend the devastation that has happened. The hope of God is the only anthem of our souls. I will sing loudly about the strength that He brings, because what else is there? There is nothing left to cling to other than the hope that He brings and the strength that He provides when we cannot. Smack dab in the middle of unfathomable tragedy, His light shines brighter than ever before. His love is what binds together all of our wounds and ignites the fire in our souls.

These truths cannot be forgotten.


"They breathe out violence, but I believe that I will see the goodness of the Lord in the world of the living."-Psalm 27:12-13


As we mourn and shed tears I can't even begin to comprehend how much more our father in heaven mourns as he witnesses acts of terror and hate so so far from His original design.


"He will lead them to springs filled with the water of life and God will wipe every tear from their eyes."- Revelation 7:17




1 comment:

  1. You are so in tune to God's will for such a young age!May you reach many through your blogging..I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me!